Well, I’ve been super busy sewing away for not only myself but for a couple of other pregnant mommas too. I thought I would share all the things I’ve made for our baby so far 🙂 So, prepare for a photo overload. Feel free to ask questions in the comments about how I made something or whatever. And, if you’re looking for a tutorial on anything specific then let me know and I can put one together.
- Reversible Boppy Covers with 24 inch zippers:
– Each cover is made out of two different flannel fabrics and I sewed in the biggest zippers I could find so stuffing that big pillow in the cover isn’t too much of a challenge. I made my own pattern from a cover we used for Rylea.
- Reversible Snap Bibs (2 different styles):
– Each bib is made out of two different flannel fabrics. I just cut two of each piece, sewed them right sides together, turned them right side out and sewed a top stitch all the way around the edge. For the ones that snap in back, I made my own pattern and for the ones that snap on the side, we used a pattern that Cali bought at JoAnn. Devin put all the snaps on for me because it involves a hammer and hammers intimidate me. 🙂 I have a lot more bibs that I sewed up, these were just the ones I grabbed for the picture. A couple of these have baby’s name on the other side of them too.
– I made these out of one layer of fleece on the outside and flannel on the inside. These babies are designed to put over little man’s privates when you’re changing his diaper so you don’t get peed on in the process. Not sure if we’ll actually use these, but I had some leftover scraps so I whipped some up anyway. They are insanely easy and take about 5 minutes each to finish.
– Made out of flannel and double stitched to hold all those little ribbons in there so they don’t come out and become a choking hazard.
A receiving blanket made out of owl flannel on one side and solid blue on the other. Click on the picture to enlarge.
Fleece baseball print on one side and a red cotton gingham on the other. The binding is a red satin pre-packaged binding.
– Made four of each of these, so 8 all together.
– My most recent project has been sewing up some pants and outfits for the little guy. We only had about 2 or 3 pair of pants so I took matters into my own hands with some scrap fabric I had. I used a pair of newborn pants that I had on hand and made a pattern from those extending the length. I just gave the pants a generous hem so that as he gets longer I can just let the hem out and get a lot of use out of these.
Baseball fleece newborn pants with elastic waistband
Fleece monkey pants with elastic waistband. I love the look of these without the hem, and they're Devin's favorite so I think he'll just wear these rolled up.
The fabric for this outfit came from my carseat recover. I just made some pans out of the stripe and took an existing onesie I had and put a little lion applique on the front. I'm thinking of adding the words "mane man" to the onesie too. This might be the coming home outfit 🙂
– You can read about this project here. I just finished the canopy a couple of weeks ago and put the whole thing back together. I think it turned out pretty good.
– Made from two layers of flannel and some velcro to hold the whole tent to the car seat. Saw this idea online and I really liked it because we’ll be heading to NY from Dec 20-30 to see my family. I think this little cover will help in keeping snow/rain/wind out of the car seat and keep those nosy strangers out too!
So, I guess this is how I do nesting. Nesting of the sewing kind. 🙂 I think the only thing left on my list to sew for the new baby is his bedding. I’ve got all the fabric but I figure since he’ll be sleeping in our room for a while until Rylea outgrows her crib and he moves in, then I have a few months to get that done. Right now we’ve got about 5 days left until we leave for Naples to have sweet baby D, so I’m just using up fabric I’ve got lying around and making things here and there as I think of things to make. Thanks for checking in!